3. What personal information does 8D collect: We collect personal information to the extent that it is:
Personal information will generally only be collected for the purpose of enabling us to liaise with individuals who are, or who are associated with, customers, potential customers, contractors or sub-contractors or for assessing your job application and / or suitability for other opportunities and contract assignments that we think may be of interest. The types of personal information which we may collect and hold in these circumstances include, without limitation, an individuals name, address, phone number, email address, and other contact details.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information but if you do not provide us with the personal information that we need, we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you or our clients on your behalf.
5. Why does 8D collect and use personal information? We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any purpose other than the primary purpose of collection, unless:
Such use is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that purpose; In the case of direct marketing not related to our activities – we have obtained your prior consent (unless it is not practicable to seek your consent and we otherwise comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act) and you have not since requested we cease direct marketing to you; or The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act. As a general rule, we do not engage in direct marketing activities. To the extent that we do engage in direct marketing in the future however, you may at any time request us not to provide you with any further direct marketing communications by contacting us via the details set out below.
6. Who does 8D disclose personal information to? By using our website or disclosing your personal information to us, you will be deemed to consent to us using your personal information collected by us, for the following purposes:
7. How does 8D protect personal information? We take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, alteration and disclosure. However, data protection measures are never completely secure and, despite the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to protect your personal information (for example, by protecting any usernames and passwords). You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
9. Personal information about employees or job applicants: 8D may also collect personal information from you if you apply for a job with and/or become employed by us. In these circumstances:
You authorise us to collect any personal information (whether written or verbal) from any referee or previous employer specified in your application for employment or curriculum vitae for evaluation of your application for employment and to hold such information on your personal file for future evaluation of your employment by us. You acknowledge that your personal information is collected for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment by us and, should you accept employment with us, the assessment of your continued employment by us and the administration by us of your remuneration and any PAYE obligations. You acknowledge that a failure by you to provide the requested personal information will have a detrimental effect on our ability to give your application proper consideration. You can request to access and/or correct your personal information in accordance with this policy.
10. Accessing your personal information held by 8D: You may access personal information we hold about you, subject to a small number of legal restrictions or exemptions. Where such restrictions or exemptions exist we will advise you of those reasons at the time of your request. If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you or request correction of it, you should contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information you should be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost in the following circumstances:
if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you; and if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
11. How can you correct and update your information? We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information. Please contact us using the contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update your file accordingly.
Attention: Administration Office, 8D Digital Pty Ltd Address: Upper Deck, Suite 33/26 Pirrama Road, Sydney. NSW 2009